We Look Forward To Working With You
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER
It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and prospect of building a new home. At Michaels-Colston Custom Homes, we recommend taking a little extra time in the beginning to research the builders you are considering. After all, a home is the largest purchase most people will ever make. It’s worth the small investment of time to know your builder; BEFORE you make that big decision!
- Client Reference Sheet: Is the builder providing you an extensive list of past clients? Would they consider giving you a list of their 10 most recent homes?
- Subcontractor/Supplier List: Consider contacting some of their subs or suppliers. Do they get paid in a timely manner? If they were to build, who might be at the top of their builder list?
- Financially Sound: How long have they been building and do they have a proven track record? If asked, would they be willing to provide a financial statement?
- Allowance: What is included in your building allowance? Will it cover the cost of your selections? Does it include the same quality as what you see in their model?
- Upgrades/Change Orders: What additional costs does the builder charge for upgrades or change orders? Is there a percentage added to the cost of these, if so how much of a percentage will they be charging you?
- Pricing: Is the builder providing you a firm and complete price? Will there be extras or add-ons at the end of the project? What can you expect?
- Communication: Will the builder keep you informed and up-to-date during the construction of your new home? Will they be available to take your calls or meet should you have questions or concerns?
- Follow-Up: Is the builder pressuring you to sign? Do they respect the time you need to make an informed decision?
- Contract: Is your contract easily understood? Does it specify in detail what is included in your price? Are there any gray or unclear areas?
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MICHAELS-COLSTON
Honesty and integrity are at the core of our business. It is our desire to help educate prospective clients before they make their decision. We will happily provide you with an extensive list of past and present clients. We will also provide you any additional information you may need to assist in your decision making. We have a long and successful track record with our previous clients, as well as our subcontractors and suppliers.
If you choose Michaels-Colston as your builder, there will be no surprises after deciding to build with us. You will know all your costs upfront. We will provide you an accurate quote. We don’t feel it’s in your best interest to give you immediate pricing in order to make a quick sale. At Michaels- Colston it’s not about selling another house…it’s about selling you a new home!